simple is beautiful
Menton Daily Photo: Street dogs
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Street dogs

These three dogs were tied up whilst their owner was, presumably, inside the supermarket - the doors of which are open in the background. Later, I saw him begging on the street and with four dogs - these three dogs and one other. I have to say these dogs are in good condition and well fed. I've photographed street people before but on this occasion decided not to. Just a feeling - can't really explain it - but it seemed an invasion of privacy and I felt the dogs were happy with the young guy. It's possible that all the dogs didn't belong to him tho. I often see groups of street people and they take it in turns to care for their dogs. Happily I know of at least one local vet who treats these dogs at no charge. She told me one day that for many of the street people, their dogs are an emotional support they can't live without. And that's easy for all of us who love dogs, and are loved by dogs, to understand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment