simple is beautiful
Menton Daily Photo: Fire over Menton!
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, April 7, 2008

Fire over Menton!


A couple of hours after I took the main photograph a fire devasted 50 hectares of land above Garavan. Had I remained in Menton just a little longer I would have had a photograph for you but back home in Gorbio, I don't see this part of the town. In the smaller photograph, taken a few days later, you can see the burned forest behind the church spires. With fires so early in the year, it doesn't mode well for a fire-free summer.

One of this blog's readers who visits Menton regularly wrote soon after telling me he'd seen the fire on the Menton webcam. I didn't know there was a webcam so am most grateful for the information. Thankyou, Don. You'll find a link on the right hand side of this blog - or click on the link. It seems you get control of the camera, which is located at St. Agnes, for 2 minutes. You then get a choice of 10 locations to view, with zoom control too.

Note: this webcam isn't working at the moment. I'll add it to the sidebar when it's working again. Technical problem!

The beach webcam, tho, always works although it's less impressive and with just the one view along the beach to the Old Town. See link on right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment