simple is beautiful
Menton Daily Photo: Rue Longue - 9
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rue Longue - 9


We've walked a little further down the street. I met a lady who lives at one end of Rue Longue and walks back and forth each day to her business, which is at the other end. I said I thought there'd had been great progress. She shrugged as only the French can shrug - and rightly so. The work has been going on, way beyond its original promised finish date. I believe many problems arose as they dug up the street - problems that couldn't have been anticipated? It's still supposed to be finished for the main tourist season but hey, we are in April already. She said it's hard with all the dirt and the noise of the work. I can imagine!

This street will be fabulous when it's finished and will breathe new life into the Old Town with shops and restaurants but you'd not want to be living there at the moment.

More tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment