simple is beautiful
Menton Daily Photo: Summertime in Menton - the Boat Trip - 6
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summertime in Menton - the Boat Trip - 6



This lovely building is almost on the beach. We are in Latte which is a village between Menton and Ventimiglia. (I often come here to shop - there's a really good supermarket with great pasta and well-priced good wines).

I don't know what this building is, what it's used for but I love its proportions and, in particular, the colours. Carlo explained to me that you find these particular colours in a village further along the Ligurian coast - after Genoa and before La Spézia. I've forgotten the name for sure, but think he said Sestri Levante and certainly if you click on the link, you'll find lots of houses similar in colours to this one. In fact, doesn't Sestri Levante look a place worth visiting? Seemingly Hans Christian Andersen lived there for a short time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment